We living organisms cannot survive without water. Water is an essential part of our lives wherein cities we get it via the plumbing system. In the earlier days, it was the Indians, Greeks, Romans, Chinese, and Persians who introduced the concept of plumbing. With the help of plumbing system, water is distributed for public baths, for crop irrigation, for portable water etc. let’s look at a few plumbing history facts.
- The first plumbing pipes were made of baked clay and straw. On the other hand, it was the Egyptians who were the first in terms of making copper wires along with dug a well in the region of 300feet. With the help of wells, water wheel was introduced.
- The concept of hot and cold running water was first understood by the Greeks. Even the shower technology concept introduced for Olympic games was introduced by the Greeks.
- When it comes to transfer of water from mountains and cities, the Romans introduced this concept. With the help of different water channels, we see fresh water coming to cities via the mountains by using modern water system.
- The first valve-type flush toilet was invented by J.F.Brondel in the year 1738.
- Queen Elizabeth I received a flushable toilet as a form of gist from John Harington. However, the queen was known to be scared of using the toilet.
- Modern toilet was introduced by Alexander Cumming in the year of 1775.
These are a few interesting plumbing history facts you should know about. Today, there are many professional plumbers in Coffs Harbour area.