Diabetes is a chronic disease that occurs when the pancreas can no longer produce insulin or when the body can no longer properly use the insulin it produces. If you are looking for best diabetes care and management in Kenya, then you can browse the web.
There are three main types of diabetes:
Type 1 diabetes (insulin-dependent diabetes): In this type, the body does not produce insulin or not enough.
Image Source: Google
Type 2 diabetes (non-insulin-dependent diabetes): With this type, the body does not use the insulin produced by the pancreas. It usually occurs in adults but is easily controlled with diet, regular exercise, and weight management.
Gestational diabetes mellitus: GDM, or carbohydrate intolerance, is initially diagnosed during pregnancy through an oral glucose tolerance test.
Tips for caring for diabetics
1. Continue to monitor your blood glucose levels regularly as recommended by your doctor.
2. You must take medication or insulin at the prescribed dose regularly.
3. Regular exercise is useful for checking glucose levels.
4. You need to lose a little extra weight because weight loss is very helpful when testing diabetes.
5. Stop drinking alcohol and quit smoking.
6. You should avoid foods high in sugar and follow your diabetes diet plan.
7. You must avoid stress, fear, and anger.
How to control diabetes. You can control your diabetes by:
• taking medication and insulin injections at prescribed intervals,
• adherence to a healthy diet,
• If possible avoid sweets, do regular physical exercise to burn calories in the body.