The field of forensic science which aids the retrieval of intelligence and information from electronic devices like computers, laptops, mobile phones, hard drives, internet cloud storage, network servers and peripheral memories or devices and helps correlate the data to verify or nullify aspects of a case is called digital forensic science.
Computer Forensic Services primarily find application in the field of forensic investigation of both criminal and civil litigations. Also, evidence discovered with this methodology is considered as most accurate and factual by a court of Law during trials.
There are many forensic multimedia software that helps experts to analyse the crime scene better. You can browse around this site to know more about them.
Image Source: Google
Some of the basic Computer Forensic Services are:
- Helping you gather evidence in the form of documents, files, audio, videos, photos, images, emails, deleted financial statements and records by analyzing electronically stored information
- Accessing information from a pool of devices used by you – computers, laptops, tablets, cell phones, printer, scanner, hard drives, external memory devices, SD cards etc
- Wading through complex paperwork, data and information using Database Forensics
- Analyzing recent computer usage- which files have been accessed, recent online activity including social media activities, accessing web history, identifying modifications to files like alterations, copying or deletions as well complete removal of files and documents
- Tracing online transactions, funds transfer, sender and receiver of emails, locating IP addresses of computers, decoding encrypted information on your electronic gadgets and identifying frauds related to identity thefts, investment schemes etc.
- Compiling the retrieved data/ intelligence to admissible evidence and converting them into formats acceptable in a court of Law