There are numerous types of GPS tracking devices that have functions that differ accordingly. GPS tracking devices with GSM tracking use the cell-phone network to send automatic updates to you on their whereabouts, so they're in principle handier than data-loggers as they give you their information directly instead of you having to extract it yourself.
Let's take a look at the uses for GPS tracking devices:
1. The real time GPS tracking device can easily be hidden in your car. Select GSM tracking and you can always get position updates. Ideal for expensive sports cars that tend to attract unwanted attention.
2. Providing artwork, most museums and studios provide their famous works with GPS tracking devices. If it is stolen, the police can easily track down and catch the culprit.
3. Watching older teens should be vigilant, but you may not be with your children all day. Many GPS trackers are small enough to fit in a bag or backpack so you know where they are. Two-way calls or SOS are even better because they can reach you if you run into problems.
4. Fleet management by automotive companies with corporate fleets can save money by using a data logger to track employee journeys. This can be checked by their claims to make sure everything is correct.
5. Caring for children Adolescents need attention, but they also need the freedom to avoid fights. GPS tracking devices are the ideal way to keep an eye on parents without being intrusive.