Water lines getting frozen during winter is considered to be a common sight. One of the biggest mistakes though homeowners do is they completely ignore this problem which ultimately leads to spending a fortune in getting it repaired and even explosion in rare cases. If you notice frozen pipes, then consider a few of these things in order to solve the problem at the earliest.
- Get Insulation – Getting the attic, garage, and crawlspaces insulated is probably the first thing to do before the winter arrives. This will give you the upper hand from the beginning.
- Garage Door needs to Stay Shut – If you own a garage for your vehicle, then ensure you keep the door closed. This helps in restricting the movement of cold air on entering the house.
- Cabinet Door needs to Stay Open – Now this tip is completely the opposite in regards to the garage door. One of the key reasons for keeping the cabinet door open is for the water to drip from the faucet. Another reason is to ensure warm air is continuously flowing inside the home.
- The temperature of the Thermostat has to Remain Above 55 Degree Celsius – This tip is recommended for those who are going to be away from their homes. Furthermore, water from the faucet must be allowed to dip in order to avoid damage.
- Professional Help Should be Considered – Problems such as frozen pipes to bathrooms in Coffs Harbour area must be solved by hiring a professional plumber at all times.