Asbestos during its natural state is a material that has a fluffy appearance and visible to our eyes. However, this material can cause some serious issues if it is able to enter our body. The nose and mouth would be the easiest source of entry for asbestos once it gets crumbled. If a time comes when you see this material lying somewhere inside your house, then avoid touching it. And instead, call a professional company to get rid of it asap. When you call a professional, they would first inspect and then offer you 2 types of solutions.
- One is to Contain – Just because asbestos is found does not mean you need to remove it. If the professional is able to contain it, he will do so if required. However, do note that this isn’t the permanent solution and after some time you may have to get it removed permanently.
- The other is to Remove – If the condition of the asbestos is really bad, then getting it removed is the only solution the professional will be offering.
The Reason not to touch – Slightest of touches on asbestos leads to getting crumbles which is a problem. If crumbled then this material can easily get mixed with the atmosphere which can then enter into the lungs and cause life-threatening problems.
A Visit to the Doctor – If you feel that you’ve been exposed to asbestos, then there is bad news. Plus, even after treatment, there is no guarantee about the success of the treatment. However, the doctor can help you in the detection of lung cancer with the help of blood tests, x-rays, CT scans, etc.
Therefore, asbestos removal in Newcastle, NSW should only be carried out by a professional.